21 Day beds.
Our admission process can be made much easier for you if the following simple guidelines are followed:
- Medical aid patients should check with their medical aid / scheme prior to admission to obtain pre-authorisation, if deemed necessary by the medical aid / scheme.
- Patients have to present their medical aid card, authorisation letter and identity document on admission. Persons under the age of 18 have to be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Also refer to the “Tariffs” and “Discharge” sections adjacent, for more information on prepayment and payment procedures.
To continuously improve out Standard of Nursing care, we monitor our service to patients on an ongoing basis.
On discharge patients are asked to complete a questionaire regarding their stay at the hospital.
Participation is voluntary, but this will assist the hospital management to address any problems and improve our service to you.
We especially welcome any suggestions our patients may have.
If you have any suggestions for us, please send us an email.
On leaving, do not forget to collect your medication at your nearest pharmacy or Birchmed can arrange for Collection of medication at MediPark Pharmacy, also collect x-rays if applicable. Before leaving the unit ensure you sign the nursing documentation related to discharge.
- Birchmed Day Hospital bill according to negotiated medical scheme rates.
- A 50% payment is required for private patients prior admission.
- It is recommended that private patients contact the hospital's accounts department prior to admission to establish the estimated hospital cost.
- Confirm with your medical aid prior admission if Birchmed Day Hospital is a DSP/Designated Service Provider.
- Payment Method: Cash, Card Fascilities, EFT's (American express cards not accepted).
We welcome all of our patient's visitors, as we know what a difference the support of close family and friends can make. We wish you a healthy recovery!